Image Map

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sweet 16

Hi All!  Sorry for being a little MIA- I decided that I didn't want to feel any sort of stress or obligation during my little mini vaca from work so I did a TON of coloring and some crafting but just didn't pick up the laptop to blog it.  Oh well, just means I've got some back stock of stuff to blog right?  Well, this little cutie of a card was a special request from someone at work- she has two daughters that are celebrating milestone birthdays this month- one is turning 16 and the other is turning 18 (don't worry you'll see that card too, lol).  I've gotta say this was one of the most fun cards that's ever been requested!  She'd already told me that she wanted me to use this image from Saturated Canary after she saw a pic of my Beach Babe card, which I was more than happy to comply with because I love coloring this one up :)  Then she told me her daughters favorite swimsuit is black with gold details so I colored the swim suit to match with my Copics and gold Spica pen.  The best part of all was that her daughter loves bright florescent colors like pink, blue and green so I really got to play with some funky colors and push the envelope a little which is not normally something I get to do when I make custom cards- the papers do look a little brighter in person than how they turned out in the pics, I never can figure out how that happens, lol.  Overall, looking at the finished product, I'm pretty sure my 16 year old self would have loved to get a card like this so I sure do hope she likes it- and that it helps give mom a little bit of 'cool' status for thinking of doing something special for this very special birthday!

Copics:
Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30, R21, BV34
Hair: E50, E51, E53, YR31, E33, E37
Clothes: T3, T5, T7, Gold Spica
Bag/Accessories: RV23, RV25, RV29, E71, E74, E79, BG18, BG53, YG03, G20, T5

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion- Blast from the Past: #113 Chevrons
Paper Pretties- Birthday Card
Addicted to Stamps- Lots of Bling
The Squirrel and The Fox- Anything Goes


Supplies: Cardstock- American Crafts, Bazzill; DP- Echo Park Everyday Eclectic; Felt Flower Die Cut Sticker- KaiserCraft; Bling- Recollections; Flowers- Prima, Recollections; Metal Heart- Tim Holtz; Metal 'C'/Sweet sticker/Canvas Number Stickers- my stash

10 comments:

Marcy L said...

Awesome as always! I wish I could color hair like you!

Jill said...

It is stunning katie!
The colouring is amazing and the design with the sparkling swirl and the fabulous funky colours is nothing but perfect!
What colours do you use on the lips? Looks great!
Have a good week my friend and I can't wait to see some more of the cards you have been doing :)
Hugs hugs

Unknown said...

Hi there Katie, well the 16 year old will definitely adore this, beautiful colouring - love the skin tones.
Cheers,
Elaine

Emma said...

Oooh katie, she is just stunning! I think she is definitely going to be a winner with your friends 16 year old! Love your coloring as always!

Gabbi said...

Such a beautiful catd. And the way you color is amazing.

Pat K said...

Stunning card Katie. Beautiful colouring, as always. Love the metal heart. hugs, xx

Thrifty Finn said...

Just perfect Sweet 16 card! And shoot, I totally should have chosen theme Chevron for my DT-card. Thank you for joining Craft Your Passion this week!

Cathy Dineen said...

Really pretty and your colouring is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week! :)

arjette said...

Woowww Awesome card!!!!
Thank you for joining us at ATSC!!

gr. arjette.

Linda said...

What a stunning card, I just love the combination of texture and colours.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Squirrel and The Fox!

Hugs,
Linda
squirrelsnippets.blogspot.com.au